International students

Moving to Montreal to study

Where to start when you arrive in Montreal to study ?

To get your student life off to a good start in Montreal, you first need to find a home.

If you have an internship or want to work in parallel with your studies, you will need to obtain your SIN (Social Insurance Number) and a work permit.

You may also need to open a bank account and apply for a Quebec driver’s license from the SAAQ.


For all these steps, we can accompany you for free!

Our organization can help you as soon as you arrive in Montreal so that you can quickly find your bearings so that you can quickly focus on your studies and your Quebec experience.


Below is a non-exhaustive list of steps we can help you with.

Examples of steps we can help you with when students arrive

Search for accommodation
Opening a bank account in Québec
Quebec diver's licence
Proof of knowledge of french
Financial assistance to meet your needs
Degree equivalency and recognition of foreign credentials
Work permit for internship or student employment
Social Insurance number to be eligible to work
Quebec Health Insurance and Private Insurance Orientation
Sponsorship for a spouse and/or accompanying child
French courses

Exemples de démarches pour lesquelles nous pouvons aider les étudiants pour rester au québec

Study Licence Renewal
Quebec Selection Certificate
Degree equivalency and recognition of foreign credentials
Post-graduation work permit
Permanent residence
English courses


Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre

Vous souhaitez être informé.e de l’actualité du milieu (nouvelles réformes, informations importantes...) ainsi que de nos activités ?